WELCOME TO MY BLOG!!!

Just me giving words of wisdom, sharing thoughts and poetry and the occasional health or diet tip! Ok, and may be some other stuff! :)
Not sure what I am exactly doing yet....but it's fun so far!!! So follow me and let's see where this blog takes us!


Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sentimental Saturday at Seaside

Back in the day, everybody went to Seaside Heights, NJ for summer fun. Yes, good ole exit 82 on the NJ Parkway. Went there today with my family and friends for the first time in at least 20 years! That boardwalk brought back memories, both happy and haunting!

Today we made happy memories. It was the first time there for my daughter. We usually to go Point Pleasant or Ocean City. Of course we ate fattening boardwalk food and played expensive games! But we won Smurfs and to my daughter, that was what mattered!

Before we hit the boardwalk, we relaxed on Seaside Park beach and enjoyed the ocean's warm and rough waves. There wasn't a cloud in the sky, and the meteorologists predicted 'possible thunderstorms'! haha...wrong again!
Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
Luv,
Mare


5 comments:

  1. hi, thanks so much for stopping by My SoCal Life! Love your blog and returning the follow!LOOKING FORward to reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend. I would love some beach time right about now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like good times. I haven't been to NJ since I was a kid, but I do remember how beautifully green it is there!

    Thank you so much for stopping by! I'm your newest follower :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am waiting for a good weather forecast in UK, England before we go to the seaside. But as you have just pointed out, they do not always get the weather right! Glad you had a good time and good for us all to get out and about. Your trip has prompted me to go soon as the holidays will be over soon enough.
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like fun. Thanks for the visit and follow at Life or Something Like It. Following back via GFC.

    ReplyDelete