WELCOME TO MY BLOG!!!

Just me giving words of wisdom, sharing thoughts and poetry and the occasional health or diet tip! Ok, and may be some other stuff! :)
Not sure what I am exactly doing yet....but it's fun so far!!! So follow me and let's see where this blog takes us!


Saturday, June 25, 2011

Plan B?

Gone are the days where you work for a prestigious company and stay there forever.  Many jobs are unfortunately leaving the US and going into 'emerging markets' in other countries.  There has been a lot of uncertainty in my company, which leaves me pondering a Plan B.
I've always loved to write.  In second grade I wrote a haiku which sparked something inside of me.  I still have that Japanese poem, it was accompanied by some artwork too.  It is in one of the many boxes of precious memories in my attic.  I must dig it out along with another story that had my college writing class in tears.  It was a story about my sister Joanne.  The teacher read it aloud to the class, he said it was one of the most descriptive pieces he's ever read.
Then there were a few other pieces I wrote in college and even had an idea for a novel back in the 80s.  About 2 years ago, started writing again, mostly poetry, but then this 'blogging' thing came about.  Now I really want to get into it, but I need to think, should I have a 'gimic'?  or just be me?  That would mean I write about a little of this and a little of that...a poem here and a quote there.
I do have an idea for a novel, perhaps I should start making an outline.  Nevertheless, I am very happy that my daughter seems to have inherited the writing gene.  She wrote a beautiful poem a year or two ago that I posted on Facebook and everyone loved it.  She too has an idea for a book series for children.
I know I'll never make the money that I do being in the pharmaceutical business, but, Plan B would allow me to have a flexible schedule and I would be doing something I love.  Not sure I really love my job any more (I use to)....oops, did I just write that?  Oh well, I always speak and write the truth.
Love,
Mare


No comments:

Post a Comment